NeighborWorks® Rochester ... Here To Help
Buy a Home
Owning your first home is a big step. Through programs such as First Home Club and others, we can help you start the home buying process today.
Fix a Home
Do you need to make repairs to your home? Let NeighborWorks Loan Services help with affordable loans, advice and support for your health and safety improvements in your home.
Build A Community
Consider making a donation or sign up to volunteer. We work closely with our partners through neighborhood initiatives to make a positive impact in our city.
Stop paying more than you should for gas and electric in your home! Achieve new ways of saving money and increasing the comfort of your home with our home energy services.
NeighborWorks© Rochester Community Initiatives
NeighborWorks Rochester is committed to working directly with residents and community stakeholders to improve neighborhoods through housing, community-building and place-making strategies. Through Community Initiatives, we focus on collaborations that blend resources and expertise to improve collective impact.
- We work closely with area housing and economic experts, and officials at all levels of government, to track social, economic and housing market trends to inform our work and improve performance and impact.
- Our neighborhood strengthening initiative, Healthy Blocks, targets specific neighborhoods, collaborating with all neighborhood stakeholders to stabilize the housing market and improve the quality of life for residents.
- We believe that energy equity is an important component to maintaining healthy, vibrant and green friendly neighborhoods, and seek partnerships that will help to promote it.
- We understand the importance of health as it relates to housing, and the role that social determinants -income, education, food insecurity, etc., as well as housing - play in a neighborhood’s quality of life.
- Improving social connectedness and community well-being through our many housing resources and community building/place making efforts is a priority.
As an active participant in many community-wide efforts, we hope to effect positive change for our neighborhoods and residents.
From The Community
The Home Purchase Made Easy Class was totally worth it! The workshop has people involved in different aspects of the home-buying process (mortgage banker, home inspector, RE agent, etc) come, explain their role in the buying process, and open themselves up for detailed Q&A sessions with the attendants. I felt much more confident about the search/buying process afterwards. I also got this Bible of a home-buying book, worth the $85 cost by itself! This workshop is definitely recommended to anyone who wants a comprehensive crash-course. .- Brian M
If it weren’t for NeighborWorks Rochester, I believe that even now I would still be worrying every day about how am I going to pay for the much needed, necessary improvements; how am I going to select contractors that I can trust; how am I going to make the right decisions; and how will I know if the work was completed correctly? Taking all these worries away is your greatest service. Thank you NeighborWorks Rochester!– Kathy C